Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

To all the mothers, Happy Mother"s Day!

How did you spend your day with your mum today? Hope it was fruitful and spent some quality time with her today. Well, i did today.

I invited mum out for her favorite high tea buffet. Kai Kong invited his mum too. We ate and we talked. Mum had a great time catching up with mum-in-law. Guess what? They shared about their growing up years, marriage life and difficulities in raising up their children, all in the span of 2.5 hours! Amazing! I enjoyed hearing their stories.

I don't think I am biased, but i truly believe that my mum is the best mother in the whole world! Now, she is not perfect. Well, none of us is. However, my mum is one of God's best gift for my life, and let me tell you, she is a very AMAZING woman. Let me share with you .......

1) She NEVER falls sick ( sometimes i wonder is she a "Super-woman")
2) She is VERY patient ( she doesn't scream at her grandchildren no matter how naughty they are)
3) She ALWAYS believe in me ( at least for me, she has been very supportive n whatever i do)
4) She is HIGHLY RESILENT ( pardon me, if there is no such word to describe. But she went through a lot, but she never thought of walking away )
5) She has HIGH tolerance ( no worry if you step on her toes. She will smile at you and says, "It is ok.")
6) She is EXTRAVAGANT in her love ( she never stops giving. Giving her love, her time, her wisdom, her energy and her finances )
7) She is ACTIVE ( she takes care of 6 active grandchildren from age 1 to 7, she is an active volunteer in civil defence, she climbed 14 flights of stairs and won 1st prize, and she jogs regularly )
8) She is VERY sacrificial ( she always esteems others better than herself, putting others first )

You see, I never quite appreciate my mum when i was growing up, i think I took her for granted. Until...... I become a mother myself. I guess it takes a mother to understand a mother. Motherhood is really no easy task. And it cannot be taught. Because no 2 children are the same! Motherhood is a responsibilty, that if you are given it, it is irresponsible if you choose to walk away. Motherhood is calling, a sacred calling to be exact, that we as mothers should seek to fulfill with God's help.

Today, i am very thankful for who my mum is, all that she has done for me, and her great love for me. It inspires me to be the same to my children and others!

From the bottom of my heart, I love you, Mummy!

6 comments:

  1. Yah Lan,I can almost hear you speaking through your words. I agree with Carol your blog's so 'motherly'. Reading your blog is definitely a de-stressing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Yah Lan, love to hear your story when your talked about your family! :)eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yah Lan, can't wait to hear more from you :) Huizhen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah Lan,

    Your description of your mum reflects YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yah Lan,

    I like reading your blog! Cause it is so real and enriching for the soul, and reviving for the spirit.

    Ann-ya & Joakim are so cute too!

    Hope to read more of your entries. =)

    Joshua Low

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yah Lan, yes yes I had realised too how much sacrifice that my mother had went through after being a mother myself.

    ReplyDelete